SkillsUSA Arizona | Region Five Information
Region Five is comprised of West Phoenix/ Maricopa County
- Regional Skills Conferences are held throughout Arizona each spring to help students prepare for the SkillsUSA Arizona Regionals in April. Each regional event is coordinated by local Advisors and the regional board member.
- Date: February 24-25, 2017
Date (Automotive): February 17, 2017
Location: Verrado High School, West-MEC, Peoria HS
Registration Fee: $25.00
Registration Opens: 1/3/2017
Registration Deadline: 2/3/2017
How to Register: http://www.skillsusa-register.org/Login.aspx
WestMec N.E. | 1617 W. Williams Dr. | Phoenix, AZ 85027
- Parking : Students and busses may park in the spots you see here on the map for West MEC - MAP
- Amy McTague, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contests Offered - Please Check often for updates/ deletions
All contests related to building trades with the exception of Welding contests will be held on February 25th (Saturday) at Centennial High School. The day will begin at 8:00 a.m.
Mr. Ruiz will be hosting and coordinating the contests, but I'm sure would welcome support and assistance.
|3D Visualization & Animation||Contestant to supply editing station, software, usb drive; printed resume
Contest attire: professional work attire white dress/polo shirt and black slacks for boys, white blouse and black skirt or slacks for girls, appropriate shoes.
Story boards will be submitted by the end of the contest. Video will be rendered in AVI format. Content can be created during the week of Feb. 1st-5th, but contestants must leave space at the beginning or end of their content to include addition elements tha twill be divulged on the day of the competition.
The topic will be posted on the Region 5 web page on Monday Feb. 1st. Content must not included any copyrighted material, including music.
|Advertising Design||Contestant to supply computer and art resources for thumbnails and roughs (see National technical standards for suggestions)|
|Auto Service Tech||Automotive will be held on the 17th at West-MEC NE|
|Broadcast News Production||Update 2017|
|Carpentry||February 25th (Saturday) at Centennial High School|
|Commercial Baking||4 per school limit|
|Construction Tech||February 25th (Saturday) at Centennial High School|
|Crime Scene||@ West-MEC Dist Office - 3 team per school limit|
|Diesel Equipment Technology|
|Digital Cinema Production - Friday, 24th is filming onsite at Huntington University in Arrowhead | Satuday, 25th is a Verrado HS||@ WestMEC Start Center - 3 team per school limit - Team of 2||Update 2017|
|Electrical Construction Wiring||February 25th (Saturday) at Centennial High School|
|HVACR||No longer Nat'l Qualifier (state comp held at RSI)|
|Job Skill Demo A/ Open|
|Masonry||February 25th (Saturday) at Centennial High School|
|Mobile Robotics||4 team per school limit|
|Photography||10 per school|
|Plumbing||February 25th (Saturday) at Centennial High School|
|Related Technical Math|
|Technical Drafting||Update 2017
|TV/Video Production - Friday, 24th is filming onsite at Huntington University in Arrowhead | Satuday, 25th is a Verrado HS||@ WestMEC Start Center - 3 team per school limit - 3 per school limit||Update 2017|
- Contests are expected to follow the SkillsUSA Technical Standards. However, due to time constraints some contests may be shortened or certain elements eliminated due to facilities and/or time.
- All Advisors are encouraged to contact the contest chair to determine if tools or other information is necessary for the contest.